How to Quickly Create a Virtual Machine
You use the Quick Create method to quickly create a virtual machine in the Management Portal. When you create this machine, you use one dialog box to provide the configuration details.
Note: This article creates a virtual machine that is not connected to a virtual network. If you want your virtual machine to use a virtual network, use the From Gallery method instead and specify the virtual network when you create the virtual machine. For more information about virtual networks, see Windows Azure Virtual Network Overview.
Sign in to the Windows Azure Management Portal.
On the command bar, click New.
Click Virtual Machines, and then click Quick Create.
The Create a New Virtual Machine dialog box appears.
Type the following information for the new virtual machine:
- DNS Name - the name that is used for both the virtual machine that is created and the cloud service that contains the virtual machine.
- Image - the platform image that is used to create the virtual machine.
- User Name - the name of the account that you want to use to manage the virtual machine.
- Account Password - type and confirm a strong password for the account.
- Location - the region that contains the virtual machine.
Click the check mark to create the virtual machine.
Note: A storage account is automatically created to contain this virtual machine.
You will see the new virtual machine listed in on the Virtual Machines page.