Windows Azure provides scalable, durable cloud storage, backup, and recovery solutions for any data, big and small. It works with the infrastructure you already have to cost-effectively enhance your existing applications and business continuity strategy, as well as provide storage required by your cloud applications including unstructured text or binary data such as video, audio and images.
Currently, we offer these storage services:
Blob (Binary Large Object) storage
Blobs are the simplest way to store large amounts of unstructured text or binary data such as video, audio and images. Blobs are an ISO 27001 certified managed service which can auto scale to meet massive volume of up to 200 terabytes and throughput for all accounts created after June 7th, 2012 (100TB previously). Blobs are accessible from virtually anywhere via REST and managed APIs.
Use Blobs to:
Easily mount blobs as drives
Windows Azure Drive allows applications to mount a BLOB formatted as a single volume NTFS VM. You can move your VMs between private and public clouds using Windows Azure Drive.
We support the following types of storage redundancy:
- Locally redundant storage (LRS): we maintain multiple replicas of data within a single region to provide high durability.
- Geographically redundant storage (GRS): we provide additional data durability by asynchronously replicating between two regions hundreds of miles apart within the same geo. In both regions, we maintain multiple replicas of data.
- Read-Access Geographically redundant storage (RA-GRS): Customers can use this service to access their data when the storage account in the primary region is unavailable allowing higher read availability over GRS.
Currently, RA-GRS is available for preview in all regions and it needs a token to be activated. Click here to get started.
Windows Azure Import/Export enables you to move large amounts of your data into and out of Windows Azure Blob Storage. Transporting your data from your hard disk drives to Azure is simple and easy. It can be completed by using secure transport to our datacenters and Microsoft’s high-speed secure internal network to transfer the data.
Windows Azure Import/Export makes data transfer easy and less costly than buying more bandwidth, saving you time and money.
Currently, Windows Azure Import/Export is available for preview in the United States.
Windows Azure Import/Export can be used for the following scenarios:
- Data Migration – If you have large amounts of data that you want to upload to Windows Azure, our Import/Export service is often much faster than transferring over the internet.
- Content Distribution – If you want to send data to your customers, Import/Export makes it easy to transfer data on HDD (Hard Disk Drives) enabling data availability through Windows Azure Blob Storage.
- Data Recovery – if you want to retrieve large amounts of data stored in Windows Azure Blob Storage, you can use Import/Export to transfer the data to a storage device and have it delivered to you at your desired location.
You need a Windows Azure Subscription to use Import/Export. Click here to activate.
Windows Azure Import/Export is easy, in three steps:
- Prepare a 3.5" SATA HDD storage device and encrypt your data with Bitlocker
- Ship the drive to Microsoft data center
- We receive your drives and upload your information
After the upload is completed, we will ship your drives back to you.
Click here for Import/Export Pricing
StorSimple cloud-integrated storage
Hybrid cloud storage provides an optimal combination of data control and cloud economics. StorSimple cloud-integrated storage provides an on-premises enterprise-grade storage area network (SAN) that integrates seamlessly with Windows Azure Blob storage to enable unlimited capacity scaling, significantly lower cost of ownership and automated data protection in the cloud.
Tables offer NoSQL capabilities for applications that require storage of large amounts of unstructured data. Tables are an ISO 27001 certified managed service which can auto scale to meet massive volume of up to 200 terabytes and throughput for all accounts created after June 7th, 2012 (100TB previously). Tables are accessible from virtually anywhere via REST and managed APIs. Learn how to get the most out of Tables here.
View pricing details. Browse the documentation center for resources. Explore flexible purchase options.